The Equihash Profit-Switching Pool is a service that F2Pool provides. The pool monitors the mining revenue of different cryptocurrencies which have the same mining algorithm. This function will direct hashrate to mine the most profitable coin and pay the revenue to miners based on the coin that is actually mined.
ZEC and ZEN are both mined using the Equihash mining algorithm by a variety of ASIC and GPU miners. Today we are excited to launch our first Profit-Switching Pool for Equihash mining, to help our miners maximize their mining revenue.
After a long period of observation and testing, we found that by switching between ZEC and ZEN, miners could net an extra 1–5% of earnings per day compared with mining ZEC or ZEN alone.
1. Activate the “Equihash Profit-Switching” function
Log in to F2Pool and select “Equihash” from the dropdown currency list. The following User Notice will appear. By clicking “OK”, you agree to the User Notice and enable the Equihash Profit-Switching function.
2. Configure your mining device
Your miner must be connected to the F2Pool pool server listed below, and you must use a mining account registered on F2Pool for your hashrate and revenue to be recorded and monitored.
You are required to enter the following information on your mining device:
Password: *this can be anything*
*** We strongly recommended our miners to create a separate Mining Account for Equihash Profit-Switching, this will make it easier to compare revenue between mining with the Profit-Switching Pool and mining ZEC or ZEN alone.
3. Monitor hashrate and mining revenue
After selecting “Equihash” from the dropdown currency list, you can choose your Mining Account to view your hashrate and revenue.
- The hashrate graph displays different colors based on the currency that is mined at a particular period of time
- The table below the hashrate graph displays worker status and average hashrate, as well as the mining revenue of ZEC and ZEN
- Mining revenue is recorded separately according to the currency mined and displayed in the revenue section
- Payout rules, frequency and time is the same as other currencies – calculated at 00:00 UTC and paid out before 06:00 UTC
Please note: While F2Pool’s Equihash Profit-Switching Pool endeavors to minimize the impact of coin price fluctuations on final revenue, it cannot completely eliminate the risk that the final revenue is lower than ZEC or ZEN standalone mining. Before using the Profit-Switching Pool, please carefully read the “F2Pool Profit-Switching Pool User Notice” and understand the related risks.